Monday, June 14, 2010

Fountains

I love when a so-so day turns into a wonderful day. That was Saturday. We had lots of unexpected fun! I didn't have much energy to really do anything but really needed to get out of the house. So we headed to Birkdale so Audrey (and Steve :) could play in the fountain. It was so fun to watch them together from my comfortable bench in the shade. A guy from Starbucks kept coming around and giving the kids small strawberry frappachinos. Audrey loved it! Then we stopped by Qdoba. I ran into one of my friends and her little girl and she told us kids eat free the month of June. I wasn't ready to stomach a big mexican lunch so Steve just got him and Audrey something to eat. I guess the owner and workers are Red Sox fans and since Steve used his Red Sox debit card, he got his meal half price. I did end up eating a bit of Audrey's lunch so for the 3 of us was $4! Pretty awesome! Small unexpected blessings! I love family days!












2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love strawberry frappuccinos so much. :O) And Audrey's floppy white hat is adorable!

Linda Lathrop said...

Dena......that room was AMAZING. Did they actually give that suite of rooms to you for the same price as the first room???