Saturday, October 24, 2009

A year and a half

My sweet baby girl is a year and a half old today!! I sang happy birthday to her today just for the fun of it. I know I say this all the time but I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. She just keeps getting more cute and more fun and I love her more and more each and every day. She is just such an amazing blessing and a daily reminder of the kindness of the Lord. What a gift she is to us!!

Mostly so I can look back and remember down the road, here are some of the things she's doing as of late:

Walking like a champ, she still needs to prop herself up against something to get to a standing position but after that, she's off!

She's talking up a storm! Mama, Dada, Far Far (Steve's dad) Naaaaaaaaanny (Nanny, my mom) cracker, juice, water, baby, turtle, football (she knows when it's on! If you turn the channel and come back to it, she'll recognize it and say it again. She's such a daddy's girl :) Go PATS! ) That's all I can think of right now :) Those are her most often spoken words most recently. She's also continuing to sign quite a bit. Please, thank you, more, all done, bye bye and eat.

She's working on puzzles, loves to read books. Her favorite past time is walking while carrying her purse, pushing her baby or babies in her stroller. She walks and pats the babies on their backs too :) She loves her play kitchen and pretends to cook. (see video below) She takes out my pots and pans and brings them to her kitchen but they are too big to fit in the sink and she gets frustrated. I get frustrated with dishes in the sink sometimes too Audrey!!

She's really starting to like Sesame Street. She favorite characters are Elmo and the Count. She has a book with the Count in it and she can say "Ahh, ahh, AHHHHH!" just like him.

She likes to draw but not with crayons, only with pens. That's gotten interesting a couple times (pen on her legs, arms and face) but she usually does pretty well.



Here are a few pictures of her wearing the tutu that I made her a couple weeks ago. She has mixed emotions about it :)


Mom, I give you 2 thumbs up.


And the tutu gets none


Chef Audrey

2 comments:

mary said...

thank you for updating:) Happy birthday to a sweet lil girl:)

Anne said...

I love that she can do the Count's laugh!!! Sesame Street has a special place in my heart