Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Potty party

So modest :)



Last Thursday Audrey went potty on her potty chair for the first time! I had gotten one at a yard sale the weekend before, thinking it would be months before we would need it. When she saw it sitting upstairs, she pointed at it and made her little high-pitched squeak sound she makes and so I put her on it with her clothes still on. We tried that over the next couple days. On Thursday night, she pointed to it again, just right before going in the bath. I put her on it, no go. She took a bath then stood up when she was done and pointed at the potty again. So I put her back on it, walked in her room to put away her dirty clothes and she had already gone in that 30 seconds!! I think she was a little freaked out, as I was jumping up and down, screaming and clapping, then I started to cry! Cry?! Why?! My little baby is all of a sudden a big girl, going on the potty!! I just can't believe it! From then on, we've been putting her on the potty every time we changer her diaper, not expecting she'll go, but just getting her more used to it. She gets so excited when she just sees it! She's gone 2 other times since that first time so I know she's catching on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, do you really know how lucky you are!!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Who just left that comment? Reveal yourself, Anonymous!!

The Chaney's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa said...

holy cow girl! i can't believe her, what a big girl!! i should try it with Kaylie...although knowing her, she would just wanna pour water in it and play with it :)

Em Campbell said...

hahaha!